Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Example of Best Typography/Typesetting:

My final Jeep poster is the best example of my use of typography in a design. I had to make a lot of adjustments to the different sized texts I chose to work with. It was made a bit easier because I chose Helvetica, which is a simple font. I had to do a lot of cerning to make each size font fit in its designated location on the composition, but maintain visual appeal. This was difficult because there was limited and awkwardly shaped space in which the text was supposed to fit. The overall design of the poster is really simple, but it is deceiving because the text took so long to set properly. The image was also difficult to set, but that's a whole different story involving eps files from Illustrator. This poster was a learning experience and I believe it showcases my best example of use of typography and typesetting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment