Monday, May 17, 2010

First day at TE&A

Hours: 9am-5:30pm

Today was pretty laid back, but still very busy. I was thrown into making mock-ups of a package design to promote the company, which took up most of my day. But the reason my supervisor wanted me to come in today was because there was a staff meeting and he wanted me to get a feel for the way the associates interact and the kind of companies and projects they take on. It was a very enlightening first day and I feel like I got a good feel for what life is like in the working world via advertising agency.

Besides the meeting and mass amounts of mock-ups, I also got the chance to work with another research intern on a project that involves designing a desk tchotchke to promote a food company. I beginning to understand that making things as cost effective and waste-free as possible benefits the company and the client even more. It's something I will definitely need to work on seeing as I created a huge pile of excess paper waste making all the mock-ups I did today. Overall, I think this will be a really beneficial, challenging and fun internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment