Thursday, March 26, 2009
Chili Poster Marker Comp
This marker comp was a challenge to organize, but once I was able to visualize the way in which I was to go about designing the layout, it was much easier. Once started, I realized it was going to take a lot longer than I thought it would. Rendering the header font was difficult, as was drawing the graphic. It took a really steady hand to make sure the marker had a straight edge. The text block was the biggest challenge. I had no idea how the text would turn out once typed in InDesign, so to get a better idea, I used Microsoft Word to get a feel for the spacing in justified text format. The spacing I portrayed as a result from observing that in Microsoft was not successful because of the many large, unsightly spaces that create those "rivers" through the text block. Once I'm able to work with InDesign, I'm positive this will not be an issue in the final layout of the poster. I'd also like to point out that the image that I scanned into PS, to the upper left of this paragraph is crooked, especially the graphic. I had to scan the image in four parts and assemble them in PS because the original is too big for the scanner. The end.